Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How racism affects me?!

Being racist is not good because you make others feel bad and smaller! >;(!... If people don't be racist then our Island be better because then everyone would get along. Also, everyone wouldn't  hate or fear each other. If racism stop then our lives and place would be more peaceful and friendly. And this would make me feel so much better to know that everyone can get along.!(: But since racism is still here this makes me feel upset because seeing others get teased about their skin color or nationality they are isn't right! Everyone is the same and everyone should be treated equal.. Racism affects me by making me want to help put an end to racism. It makes me want to help put an end to racism because racism makes me feel horrible knowing that so much people get teased just for being themselves and so I want to try stop racism. One time I've experienced  racism is when I was really young like about 9 years old. A boy was being racist to me calling me short because Im Asian and calling me any kind of names. This made me feel horrible because I felt so hurt and feared that kid. Then I didn't want to go to school everyday and I would cry just to make my mom let me stay home.

4 comments:

  1. Goooooooooooooooooooooooood job!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well I like how you gave examples and I also like your pictures. So keep it going trish! Also im the first to comment on your post #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with trisha because i always see people being teased about their nationality and i can't do about it because the person whose teasing the guy/girl is bigger than me and i don't want to get hurt so i just tell my parents if they could help me to bust the guy whose racist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain and I have had a racist expeirence in my life. People would ask me if my eyes were open. They would tease me cause im asian. Thank you for sharing your expeirence and I hope other peole will see this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree!(; If we werent racist in hawaii .... there wouldnt be as much fighting and we would all be a real ohana(:

    ReplyDelete