Thursday, May 10, 2012

What is racism?

Racism is hatred or intolerance of another race. Racism is a big problem around here in Hawaii. I notice it happening alot in school and around the community. In Hawaii people are very racist about micronesians, africans, white people, filipinos, portegue, japanese, chinese, samoans, black people, and asians. Racism leads to voilence and fear or hatred of others. This affects Hawaii because Hawaii is supposed to be an aloha state but locals that lived here are not very friendly to other people culture and are spreading the wrong kind of aloha. There were many reported racist crimes in Hawaii. Look at this link of racism in Honolulu.... http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/6196109/hawaii-residents-answer-newspapers-charge-of-racial-intolerance.

10 comments:

  1. We should stop racism before more people get involved. Btw i couldn't really read it cus the font ;'p but good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People should stop being racist and start to love one another because their both human and the only thing different about them is the skin color and other people's gender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agreed with your post that racism can be very rude and destructive and it can bring a whole lot of harm to people everywhere such as schools, work, or on the street. I know there isn't a lot of love in the world but we can do that by one good deed at a time. Good work on your blog you are doing very well Trisha keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are right racism should stop. Also I think being racist is mean. Also i like what you did with your backround and your post. So keep it up trisha your doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeeey Trisha ! well anyways i wanted to comment again because it need to be 4 sentences long. So anways Racism should stop because its like bullying teasing your nationality and skin color is just wrong. There people just like us they have feelings. AND words hurt .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol omg >.< anyways alrite haha cool lol k bye (:

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg branson delete just cuz it didn't make sense lol well ok i guess

      Delete
  7. i agree what your saying about racism. I agree it should be stop.
    ps I like how you made that background

    ReplyDelete